As we are in the midst of this year's holidays, it's a different kind of joy. Not a joy based on our circumstances, but a joy because of who Christ is and the grace and redemption that only He can bring. I don't know that I've ever been more dependent on Him than I am right now. I've always talked of dependence, but this year I'm living it out. I desperately need Him.
Over the next 4 months, I'm asking those of you who have been faithfully praying for us to please consider the following dates and to continue to lift up our family.
- The 15th of each month. December will be 10 months since Elyse left us and it almost seems like yesterday. Time takes away the intensity of the pain, but the pain remains nonetheless.
- December 25 - We have the most wonderful memories of Elyse's first Christmas last year and the wonder that was in her eyes the whole day. It's painful to know that day's coming and that we don't get to see it in person this year, or for any future year while we're on this earth.
- The 27th of each month - She'd be 21 months old in December. We try to imagine what stage she'd be in, remembering how fun each of those stages was with Peter.)
- January 6 - She will have been away from us the same amount of time she was with us... a painful mark to hit, but one that reminds us that this is indeed permanent.
- February 15 - One year since she left us.
- March 27 - Her 2nd Birthday
We know that so many have been faithful to carry us to the Lord, much as the paralytic's friends brought him to Jesus to be healed. We're confident that the healing and redemption will come someday. While maybe not on this earth, we know it will come.
Cliff, you guys never leave our thoughts and prayers and we will especially be praying for you on those dates. We love you guys and we are thankful to hear how God has provided strength for you when you have no strength of your own...what a God we serve!! Thanks for sharing your heart with us!
Cliff and April, I will carry these dates with me. I am so sorry for your pain. It is for sure miserable. You know where to place your hope, you do the right thing, your heart is in the right place. BUT it still hurts, it still sucks. We are here with and for you. Caleb's birthday was December 9th. This year was a nasty one for me. In prayer and supplication I am making my requests known. Stay after it, go kiss April.
I'm praying for you man! Love you so much!
Praying for you guys.
praying. and i will continue to pray. i just found your blog and meet your precious girl for the first time. she is beautiful. from the pictures, she looks like april. holding your family in prayer today.
Post a Comment